We’re done! A very large thank-you to all the PP supervisors, teachers who advised, admin and cleaning staff assisting with set up, teachers who visited the Exhibition today and anyone who assisted or was even just inconvenienced by all matters pertaining to PP. It is a long process, but I truly believe that the Personal Project is a very important element of the IB MYP.
The IB describes the Personal Project as the culmination of the students’ MYP and last Tuesday in the Exhibition that was very clearly evident. This is my seventh Personal Project at GJIS and this one was the biggest and best yet. Some of the projects that the students developed were well beyond any expectations and as explained by a student to us in the Opening Ceremony today that when we give our students open ended tasks they are then free to work without limits. Continue reading
Ninety-nine students have pasted, glued and stuck posters, displays and explanations of their personal projects together. At 10.00am we will have our official opening ceremony with a number of performances related to their personal project. All year 9s will be in attendance
The 2013 Personal Project Exhibition will remain open for visitors until 2.00pm today, at which point we will have a closing ceremony or plenary session which will include the announcement of the ten best Personal Project Displays who will be invited to join the Regional Indonesian MYP Network’s Combined Personal Project Exhibition on Saturday June 1st. (we have 6 or 7 schools already confirmed for this.)
Come & Join the FUN !
GJIS PTA FAMILY FUN DAY
“Around The World” !
13April 2013, 14:30-19:00.
Game Stations, Student Performances, Fashion Shows, Dances, Student DJ and Fire Works!!
Get your tickets now through School Cashier @IDR 25,000.
Not quite sure how I will pay this one!
When an IB Evaluation or Authorization team visits a school they will usually visit for 2 1/2 or 3 days. Their days will be busy meeting each department, students, principals, coordinators, parents and the school board.
A typical schedule will see most meetings being around 45 minutes long. Normally, you do not need to bring any additional materials with you, just yourselves. (unless you have unusual circumstances they will want to see everyone in the department, or subject group).
The idea is to have a chat with everyone about their experiences with teaching or implementing the MYP in their classes. They will try to make you feel comfortable and relaxed as they are not there to trip you up or catch you out. Continue reading
Just a reminder that school starts back on Tuesday 9th April. (all teachers start back one day beforehand in order to work on planning and preparation for Term 4.)
What’s Happening this Term at GJIS
We are going to be particularly busy this term, to name a few, we have
- WASC/IB Evaluation Visit
- Year 11 Pramuka Island Field Trips
- ARTS Concert
- Personal Project Exhibition and Dunia Combined Schools Exhibition
- UNAS exams Year 9
- MYP Science Fair
- End of Year Exams and Reports
Just a reminder that British International School is hosting a number of IB Workshops in June.
MYP Workshops available.
You may use the following check list as a guide to writing your MYP Personal Project Report. Continue reading
This April 1st tell your students that since last year was a leap year they need to stay in class an extra hour every day for this Semester to make up the lost time…..
At the IBAP Regional Conference in KL we had a (inaugural) meeting of several of the IB Networks within the region. (Philipines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore) We shared ideas that each of our networks do and we have plans to strengthen our ties in order to improve our own networks and IB schools.
Some ideas on how we can improve as a South East Asia IB Schools Association
- Members of networks visit other networks events (visit Singapore or Malaysia 2 day conference and they could visit us)
- Share a base camp project (chairs or a representative of each network to all join)
- Sharing ideas
- Publishing Network newsletters (what about a network blog or wiki ?)
- Combined PP exhibition within our networks
- Information about schools to be passed to IBAP eg: numbers of Korean students in each school so that IB will translate documents for myp etc
- Invite IBAP and GLobal IB staff to our events.
- IB regional council visits to schools in each network can be coincided with face to face or skype meetings.
- Information about PD needs can be combined and sent to IBAP for their planning. (eg: this year we arranged via Indonesian network the workshops we wanted and could guarantee to send min. 10 staff to, IBAP then made it happen for June 2013)
What else ?