I was recently at a meeting with a number of Education officials who are working to get the Education regulations into place before the end of the year. They were kind enough to share their draft documents. (even if our school is not entirely happy with all the contents).
Some of the most important aspects include;
- schools will not be allowed to call themselves international (unless they get permission from the Minister)
- all Indonesian students must do the national exams (In Year 6,9 and 12)
- all non-Indonesian students must study Bahasa Indonesia and Indonesian studies
- there will be no more letter of equivalence
- teachers may not spread religious propaganda
- teachers must have a minimum standard of education
You may download copies here.
new regulations (Pdf format, Bahasa Indonesia only)
pp 17 dwibahasa 12 april (docx format and in both English and Bahasa Indonesia)
Sekolah bertaraf internasional (a presentation about the new laws and regulations for International Schools in pdf format in Bahasa Indonesia)