GJIS Semester 1 Awards Assembly will be held in the GJIS Theatre at 10.40am – 11.45am
We will be awarding certificates to the following;
- Multiple Award Certificates to all MYP students who achieve a 7 in more then one subject,
- to all students who achieved Certificates of Distinction in the ICAS Mathematics and/or ICAS Science competion,
- Perfect Attendance Certificates to all students who have managed avoid recording any lates or absences for the whole Semester,
- Certificates for Excellent Efforts in Community and Service, CnS,
- Certificates for Excellent Efforts in Creativity, Action and Service, CAS,
- Certificates for Exemplary Learner Profile Attributes during Year 7 Camp,
- DP Subject Certificates to the ‘best student’ in each subject, and
- DP Multiple Award winners,
We will give special mentions to;
- all MYP students who achieve a 7 in any of their subjects, (and a Certificate of Excellence will be sent home in their report folders), and
- all students who achieved a Credit in either ICAS Mathematics and/or ICAS Science competition.
We also have some Rugby Trophies to acknowledge adn some Swimming Certificates to hand out as well as some information about a new series of awards for an ARTS Perpetual Awards.
From Dan Piraro Bizarro Comics
I noticed on the new look OCC that;
The new Unit planner is ready.
MYP unit planner (for use from September 2014 / January 2015)
Also an extract from the new guide
Developing MYP units (excerpt from the forthcoming MYP: From principles into practice, May 2014)
And all the pre-publication versions of the subject guides are available;
Wait no longer! #IBMYP subject group guides & the section on developing #MYP units now available on the #OCC http://ow.ly/rooah
And I noticed that the OCC has changed.
“ The enhanced branding and colour scheme improves both navigability and usability in order to delight the many of you who depend on the site for information and collaboration.”
Results from the Jakarta Schools Rugby Tournament at SPH two weeks ago saw the U18 Boys win a Runner up trophy for the Bowl competition and our U15 Team combined with SPH Overall Champions!
Open Mic Event during lunch
Last Friday our school held a ‘Student Council Open Mic for Philippines Charity Event and Casual Clothes Day’, this was entirely run by the Student Council and in parallel with the primary school who were holding a casual clothes day also in order to raise money for the Philippines. Given that our school just hosted a school from the Philippines for our biannual “feel the roar” sporting exchange it was even more appropriate. Continue reading
To all GJIS Parents of MYP students (Year 7-10)
We would like to invite you to a meeting about the IB MYP Programme, specifically about MYP Assessment. The meeting will be held on Wednesday 13th 2013, in the Multi Purpose Room (MPR1), Secondary Building B, 1st Floor, from 8.00am to 9.30am.
At this meeting we will discuss;
- What exactly is the purpose of assessment?
- The organizational requirements of IB MYP in terms of assessment.
- What is criterion-based assessment and how is it more accurate and fair than other systems of assessment?
- How can we understand our sons and daughters school reports?
We look forward to seeing you there, however, if you cannot attend we will also place materials onto the school portal website for you to download and read.
Liam Hammer Yohanes Edi Sunarya Popy Novita
Secondary School Vice Principal Secondary School Principal Acting MYP Coordinator
GLOBAL JAYA OPEN DAY
Come & experience the quality learning offered in GJIS. From Kindergarten to High School.
Season Two athletics and ASA starts this week. This includes Rugby, and we have a Level 1 Coaching Course that several teachers are attending this Sunday and a coaching clinic from the HSBC Penguins International Coaching Academy (link) next week.
Tryouts and Training for Rugby (girls, boys, Varsity and JV) starts tomorrow form 3.00-4.30pm. Bring a change of clothes.
Agenda for PD Term 2, 2013-2014
| Internal PD Options
(See attached page for details.)
| Pak Jonathan & Pak Marc
|| MPR1 or MPR3
| MYP Action Planning & Evidence gathering
(See attached page for details.)
| MYP Action Planning & Evidence gathering (cont.)
| Personal Preparation